Course Goal: This course aims to identify the conventions and regulations related to ship safety and to describe the safety issues related to the structural integrity and stability of ships.
Conventions and Regulations
- LO1 Explain the importance of uniform regulations
- LO2 Give an overview of the key International Maritime Organisation (IMO) conventions and codes
- LO3 Describe the static and dynamic forces acting on a ship
- LO4 Describe the ship stresses in the ship structure
- LO5 Describe hogging and sagging due to bending moments
- LO6 Explain the importance of maintaining structural integrity when loading
- LO7 Explain how maintenance is an important part in maintaining structural integrity
- LO8 Describe what is meant by ship stability
- LO09 Describe the terms metacentric height, buoyancy and centre of gravity
- LO10 Explain the importance of being aware of the free surface effect
- LO11 Identify hazards that can threaten ship stability
- LO12 Identify the main different types of vessels
- LO13 Explain the importance of hull and main systems integrity
Do you want more information about the course, or do you want to order?
Contact us at Tel: +47 24 15 55 55 , or send us an e-mail.